Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another USA roadtrip to Lower Yough and ASCI whitewater park

I decided literally last minute late thursday night to head down south to paddle with my USA friends on the Lower Yough for Tandemonium.


I headed down to Paul Cline's cabin friday after work. Spent the evening watching the last two thirds of the first Iron Man movie. And since I could not sleep I decided to watch the part that I missed before falling asleep on the couch.


I left early saturday morning as I had to meet the Jo and Don Beyer at the putin. I wanted to get there early to get my boat sorted out and then run shuttle. There were lots of friends there plus I managed to meet a few more on the river.


It was definitely entertaining day on the river with all the antics. I shot close to 500 photos that day. They are here http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/72157624410839139/





There was lots of fun to be had at Cucumber and Swimmers. Jo, Don, and I headed down river after spending a while at Swimmers as it was get past dinner time.

The three of us headed over to the local BBQ just outside Ohiopyle and the food was great as always.

After that it was a short drive to the Tall Oaks campsite for night. Breakfast the next morning was the standard paddler affair. After that we headed off to ASCI in MD.

I had a blast running the park 5 or 6 times with no swimms running the features. Had a few swims when I was playing in one of the holes trying to surf my boat.

Soon it was time to make the long the drive back home in 9.5 hours. Had to make a few stops including a 20 minute power snooze close to home. Even managed to watch a really cool mesmerizing lightening show for the last 45 minute drive home until it started to rain so hard I could not see out the side windows. Luckily I always travel with my boat on the drivers side of the car to block the sun and rain while drivings.

I can't wait until my next trip down in a couple weeks for ACA Nationals.