Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Working out in the yard

I have been neglecting the yard work since I have been paddling so much this spring.

I am in the process of starting a two week vacation. I had some use it or lose vacation days left over from 2006.

I have decided to use them.

I have spent the last couple of days cleaning up the yard, de-thatching the grass, and weeding the gardens. I painted the back of Kate's door this morning. My bro-inlaw Chuck was out in the afternoon helping out with the raking. We did burgers on the BBQ for lunch. Kate helped me weed the back gardens when she came home from school.

I have been collecting rocks from everywhere I go paddling and today I put some of them to good use by making:



I still have some more stuff to do outside tomorrow. After that I have to start packing my paddle gear up as I am going on a road trip to the Middle/Lower Madawaska River onto my way to watch the 2007 Worlds at the mighty Ottawa River.