Saturday, July 7, 2007

06-Jul-2007

MKC Solo Open Boat 5 day Course

All I can say is I had a frickin awesome time.

I can now catch eddies big time.

According to my instructor I have the fastest hand switch in the east.

He was amazed at how fast I could do it and just told me to keep doing what works for me.

For the most part I got pretty good at running the gates.

Who knows with more practice I might be racing at the gull in september. Watch out Andy her I come ( yeah right ).

I also managed to get in a really good side surf before swimming. My boat decided to stay there and front, back surf and 360 flat spin in the hole without me.

I also did a few flat spin 360s with me in my boat.

The food was excellent and the instructors were great.

We ran the middle on the Ottawa today. I still swam at the end of lower no-name. I am now officially 4 for 4 in swim category.

I will be at the Ottawa sat/sun with JoeJoe.

Come on out and paddle. It is at a great level.

Thats it ... I am at my dad and step-moms and frickin tired.

Peace and see you out there.

Phills ... here I come!