Sunday, December 2, 2007

McMaster Whitewater Xmas Party

Neil and I were supposed to go paddling on the Washago Black today. We decided to cancel our trip as it was -19C with the wind chill. Way to cold for either of us and we decided to live and paddle another day.

This gave me some extra time to get some food cooked up for a potluck dinner party I was invited to. I made my curry and chickpea conconction in the crock pot. I also remembered that my sis-inlaw gave me a rice cooker and gave that a trial run.

I packed up the car and headed off to Hamilton mid afternoon in order to get ahead of the storm that was coming in.

I stopped and took some pictures at the Burlington waterfront of the xmas lights. It was frickin cold.

I arrived at Robbie's place around 6ish. I plugged in the crock pot and and started another batch of rice. We had to make a quick run to the grocery store for supplies.

Everyone else started showing up around 8:30ish. It wouldn't be a xmas party without a game of flip cup and a ginger bread house making competition.

The music was great. Steve and Jurek played a few songs on their guitars and the crowd sang along.

The festivities lasted until the wee hours of the morning. I left around 3am as the weather wasn't that bad. It ended up getting worse when I got close to getting on the hwy 400 and there were already a few accidents heading northbound. I decided to head over to work and just crash there for a few hours.

The trip up the 400 was fine. I just had to follow the snowplows once I was about a third of the way home. I was pleasantly suprised when I got home to find out my neighbour had blown the snow out of the driveway for me.

I am glad I made the trip there. It was great to catch up with some of the paddling gang from the summer.