Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sixteen Mile Creek

Well today Greg and I were going to paddle Sixteen Mile Creek in Oakville.

It would have been a interesting paddle as neither of us had ever been on it before. I was looking forward to documenting the trip in detail by taking alot of pictures.

We met up at the putin. Greg was down the hill checking out the water when I got there.

We decided to do the shuttle right away and I would just get changed into my paddling gear afterwards.

Luckily we did it that way as we found out that the takeout was all blocked up with construction barriers, etc.

We tried to search for alternate takeouts but the cemetery and other places were just too far away to haul boats around.

We decided to call off the trip. The Credit River would have been an alternate choice but due to time constraints it wasn't possible.

This road leads down to the creek:



I am not sure if this counts as paddling or not but I did managed to get my boat into some water.



So to sum it all up the paddling sucked big time.

But as always you have to have a plan B. I stopped and visited various friends that I have not seen in a while on the way home.