Sunday, April 6, 2008

Busy weekend with a Jays game and gallery show

I spent friday night at the home opener for the Toronto Blue Jays after doing some shopping at MEC.

I am not sure why I actually went as I am in no shape or form any type of professional sports fan. I think they are all an over paid bunch of babies.

But my folks were in town for a wedding. It turned out that there were about 50 people from the wedding party going to the game. Yes they were all related. Thats what happens when your mom is from a family of 16 kids.

So here I am stuck between my mom and her sister. Talk about embarrasing with all the towel twirls and whoo hoos (probably had something to do with all the beers flying around). The game was just as exciting as watching golf which is just as exciting as watching grass growing.

I left at the beginning of the 9th inning to avoid the stadium rush out of the building. I ended up heading over to a night club a former co-worker of mine owned. I spent a coupe of hours there before finally getting home at 2am.

I must have been pretty tired. I slept in until noon.

I would have been out white water canoeing this weekend but I had a prior commitmentf or a gallery show for my highschool friend Steve. Steve and four of his friends have a photography display on at the Gibson Centre Gallery in Alliston until the 28th of April.

Steve's personal photos can be found on his flickr site at http://www.flickr.com/photos/steven_noseworthy/sets/ .

The show was very interesting. It was first photo show I had ever been to. It was great to get new ideas and techniques.

After the show I went to dinner with Mark at Jack Astors. We had the pleasure of breaking in a new waitress.

After that I went home to spend the rest of the weekend relaxing and uploading more pictures to my Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/