Saturday, May 10, 2008

Washago Black

Not much has been happening in my life except that work is starting to get super busy with all the new responsibilites I now have.

Ryan came down from North Bay and we met up at the Washago Black to have a fun but relaxing paddle for a few hours.

We went bare bones so I did not take the camera along this time.

We met at the take just after 1pm and ran into a group of paddlers just coming off the water. We were pretty well suited up and ready to go. We threw Ryans boat onto my car and gave Karonne a ride up to the putin so she could get hers. You should have seen the look on her face when see asked me for a ride and I responded with "Your not a kayker are you". She looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

We spent the day focusing on catching eddys, ferrying, and most important of all surfing. We managed to spend alot of time at various spots surfing up a storm. The best surf spot of the day for us was the last set before Pinkies.

We ran into a couple of other groups of paddlers we knew. The takeout basically turned into a gabfest.

Ryan took be back up to get my car. The Kraiker brothers were driving by and put on the breaks when they realized it was me. We caught on life as I had not seen them since last fall.

Ryan had to boogy as he was on a schedule as he had to pick up his bride in Burke's Falls in order to give her a ride home.

It was a great day just to be out on the river with friends.

I stopped at my friend Mark's place for dinner. His house was in demolition mode. I had to earn my dinner by taking out the toilet as he wasn't sure how. Also did some computer fixing as well.

I finally got home around 9pm and did a quick load of laundry and re-packed my paddling gear for sundays adventure.