Saturday, December 27, 2008

Xmas Holidays

This would be the first xmas dinner I have had at my place since the marriage breakup a few years back.

My dad and step-mom showed up on afternoon of the 24th and this would be the first xmas dinner ever at my place for them. We spent the afternoon / early evening putting away all the food, watching movies, and of course munching on finger foods before heading off to bed to await for Santa's arrival.

Just like little kids they were up early xmas morning scurrying around the tree looking at the gifts that Santa had left the night before. Way toooo many to count. After the frenzy of wrapping paper being shredded open and thrown all over the place it was time for breakfast of bacon and eggs to order followed by a cleanup of the mess they made from presents.

The next few hours were spent getting stuff ready for xmas dinner before my sister and bro-inlaw showed up for dinner as well. They finally made it here where the next few hours was spent catching up, pigging out on turkey, ham and the multitude bottles of wine that managed to find their way to the table.

My kids finally showed up late that evening just after my sis/bro-inlaw had left. Magically Santa had left them some presents under the tree and they opened them. After that it was drinks and realxing watching a movie.

Boxing day was basically spent indoors watching more movies and visiting with friends that had dropped by to see my parents.

All in all it was a busy but nice xmas and was great to see everyone from the family together at the same time in the same place!