Monday, July 27, 2009

Houston ... I have a problem ... my camera is NFG

I have been noticing over the last few months that my outdoor pics have seemed very washed out or over exposed. It was getting to the point where I thought I was losing my touch.


My paddling pics no longer had crisp water droplets in them. My skyline pics seems very bland and so on.


Normally I could just wlk up to a river or water falls and set my camera to 1/10th of a second shutter speed and voila .... an excellent pic with sliky smooth water. But that is no longer the case.


Luckily my sister (yes I have a sister and yes she hates me most of the time like sisters do) has the Pentax K100D which is one model below what I have. She was gracious enough to lend it to me last weekend so I could do some comparison tests between my camera and hers.


I was paddling at the Gull River on saturday and took some test shots with my lense on both cameras set to the normal 1/10th of a second and voila .... her camera pics look like this




My camera pics look like this using the same settings





My camera is now on it's way to the surgeon to get fixed.


Me being cameraless is going to be really strange as all of my friends know where I go my camera goes.


This will be the second time my camera has gone to get fixed. The first time it was a circuit board that need replacing as it was taking random purple pics like this