Thursday, July 16, 2009

Newfoundland - Part 02 and then back home for some paddling

Damn ... life has been totally busy.

I totally gapped it and forgot to update my blog when I was on vacation.

So here are the coles notes version:

Saw ice bergs in Twillingate and Durrel
Had a blast hiking around Gros Morne National Park on the west coast
Toured the Viking Settlement on the northern tip of the island
Saw "The Navigators" life at the local pub in Rocky Harbour .... fantastic show.

After that I headed back to the mainland and toured around Nova Scotia for a few days.

I spent a few days up in Canning visiting some friends from my high school days. I probably had not seen Mrs. M since 1983.

I ended up working a day in Halifax with some of our staff there plus an extra day touring around.

All goo things had to come to an end. I had not been in my boat for almost a month as was going through paddling withdrawls. I decided to head back to Ontario a few days earlier than planned.

I still have to go through the photos I took which will take some time.

I managed to drive all the way from Halifax to my dads place in Petawawa in 16.5 hours which included three 5 minute pit stops and a 20 minute Costco shopping spree for my step-mom in Ottawa.

It was nice to just relax before having some fantastic boating on the Ottawa for a few days. I also ended up taking some photos at a freestyle competition that was going on. I have slowly been uploading the photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/72157621383289639/