Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Paddling in North Carolina and Tennessee

Well he last few days have defineitely been interesting so far on my paddling portion of my roadtrip.

I spent the saturday paddling section B of Wilson Creek in NC with Kimmie and Craig. The level was about 9 inches.

I spent the night at Kimmies before heading off bright and early on sunday morning for the 3.5 hour drive over to the Tellico River for the down river race. I took some shots of everyone running Baby Falls before heading off to go run the river from below Jarods Knee to the Ranger Station with a large group of boaters from all over. The level was 2.4.

Sunday we had about 50 or 60 open boaters at Calhouns in Lenoir City for dinner

Monday was spent running The Little river in the Smokies from just below Elkmont to just above the Sinks. I forget what the level was.

Tuesday was another run down the Tellico with the level at 2.5.

Today was another run down the Tellico with the level at 2.25.

I am currently spending the night in Hunstville, AL and plan to spend thursday visiting the Space Museum before heading off to Kings Bend for the Locust Fork slalom race in Kings Bend.

And maybe a shopping spree at Costco in Huntsville.