Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Two weeks of bad luck

The last couple of weeks have been quite unlucky. I am now on round two of how things go wrong in sets of three.

To sum it up:

1. scratched my camera sensor while trying to clean it so my camera is pretty much screwed for some style of shots. . TIP: don't ever do this.

2. photoshop computer did not want to boot at all .... took a day to get it going.

3. water leak under kitchen counter due to connector on water filter ... took a couple hours to fix it and cleanup the mess.

4. the pool pump stoped working while vaccuming the pool in order to get it closed for the season. Luckily my neighbour had a spare I could borrow to finish the job. Managed to fix it a dew days later by taking it appart.

5. the car starts acting up to the point of being barely driveable but at least makes it to the Ford dealer .... 920 dollars ... mass airflow gizmo, heater core hoses and pipe, vacuum line, radiator and heater core flush ... car is good to go.

I de-stressed the night I found out how much the car was going to cost me ... I took it out on the two blue spruce trees that formerly occupied a really crappy spot in the back yard.

On the flip side ... my summer stuff is now put away for the winter and yard work is getting pretty much done ... which means I am free in October to go paddling.

I am going to head over to the Ottawa Valley to visit friends and go paddling for a few days ... can't wait to get back in my boat again as it has been too long.