Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A thank you note from a fellow paddler

During my first paddling trip a couple weeks ago ... I spent a few days on the Little River in the Smokie Mountains in Tennessee paddling with Mark Toddhunter.


I paddle with alot of people and will help anyone of my Paddling friends out. Mark and I decided to run the river together ... just the two of us. We left the main group that were dilly dallying trying to put on the water and they were all in the little itty bitty boats. It made sense for Mark and I to paddle together as he was in his Outrage and me in the barge were failrly close together boat size wise.


We had a fantabulous day on the river together. I explained my bizarre paddling style to him. We were able to take the same lines versus the lines the beer coolers would take. Mark swam only two times which according to him is way less then normally.


At the end of the day he had a big smile on his face and apparently at the campfire that night he was super stoke about his experience on the river according to his son Matt and other that were there listening to him


Today I received the following email which made me feel really happy about that day of sharing:

Colin,


Hope you are well. Just wanted to say that I hope to come to the Yough trip that David Sink is coordinating. More than anything I wanted to thank you for the exceptional photographs that you were kind enough to take for us all at ALF. I have been wanting to “show off” to my pals at work for some time, and all I hear usually is “ so your goin raftin, or kayakin again?”. Now they have the great pictures of the real deal thanks to you. Next time you run Green Narrows I would gladly volunteer to take your photos if I could borrow your camera. Seriously I appreciate your work and our friendship. The day we paddled the Little was a much needed time for me. I had actually been considering selling all my stuff and taking up square dancing or something. You were an encouragement and made the day fun. You are indeed an ambassador for our sport.


Hope your hand has healed.



See you soon.
mt