Thursday, February 28, 2008

Edmonton days 5 thru 8

Time has blurred over the last few days.

The entertainment system is assembled and and tweaked.

We had our first movie night on monday night.

My task list is now completed.

My claim to fame this week is I have now been to every Costco in Edmonton. All four of them.

I spent Tuesday night / early Wednesday morning taking pictures of downtown Edmonton.

Its pretty amazing the people you see out and about at 1am. You just have to keep looking over you shoulder while taking the pictures. I tried to take some pictures of the oil refinery as it was pretty cool to see all lit up at night but was asked by the boys in blue to keep going as you were not allowed to stop.

I spent the afternoon with cousin Michelle. We did a roadtrip to Elk Island National Park sans kids. I managed to get a few pics of the Bison.

Here is a link to the pictures I managed to take over the last couple of days http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmnypny/sets/72157603997929190/

I had dinner at my cousin Tamara's place on wednesday night.

My plan A for my Calgary trip has changed. I won't be seeing Marieke and Anke as the are going skiing in Fernie for the weekend. But I now have a plan B which still allows me to stay in Calgary friday night at Michelle's brother-in-laws place. I plan to drive the entire Banff/Jasper corridor on saturday and was hoping to get a room in Jasper but I will have to settle for a room in Hinton which is 80KM east of Jasper. Oh well ... but at least I am still doing the roadtrip and hope to take lots of pictures on the way.

I will be visiting Deanna (haven't seen her in 24 years) plus Denis who I met paddling on the Ottawa River last summer on friday in Calgary. I hope to see Brad at the Olympic Park as well but not sure if I will have enough time. I will also be stopping in Red Deer to visit Kathie for a bit.

I spent today doing some laundry and chilling. I am heading off to the shooting range shortly to blow crap up with my friend Mike before heading off to his place for the night.