Tuesday, October 9, 2007

2007 Vacation - Day 17

Day 17 – 07-Oct-2007

I got up just before 8am, had a shower, made breakfast, and packed up all my crap by 8:30. I showed Renee and Gail some of the pictures I had taken on my trip. I said goodbye to them and headed up to the Tram to go up the mountain. They wanted 24 bucks to go up. I decided not to spend the money as I had been up quite a few times before.

I headed into town to get some squares from the bakery. It turns out they offered wireless internet for their paying customers. I ended up spending a couple of hours in the corner uploading previous trip reports and pictures as I did not have anything else I wanted to see.

I finally left Jasper and decided to head over to the Miette Hotsprings for a soak. It took me two hours to drive the 60km as I stop to take pictures mountain sheep and Jasper Lake. The lake was really wide and very very low. It was maybe an inch or so where I walked out to it. The wind was going about 60kph and the thin layer of water was dynamically changing its path over the sandbar of a lake.

I also stop to take pictures of Punch Bowl Falls. I finally got to the hot springs and 3pm. I soaked in there for two hours. I noticed people going back and forth into this other pool which turned out to have cold water in it. People were going in for like 20 seconds maximum. I went to check the pool out. I was in there for 20 minutes. It was a balmy 68F which is what my pool is like in late August / September. I got a lot of stares from people wondering how I could stay in that long (what else is new).

I phoned my cousin Michelle and asked her if I could come one night earlier than planned. I stopped a few times at the beginning to take pictures of the clouds. It was a pretty quick trip. The posted speed limit was 110kph. I set the cruise control for 119kph and followed the transport trucks. It was pretty amazing that I did not have to touch the break peddle on the car for 125km on the longest stretch. I did the 320km drive and arrived at her place by 9pm.

We caught up on the family stuff before they headed to bead early. I ended staying up until 1:30 and posted some more pictures up online and caught up on my email.

Link to pictures