Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Space Museum - Huntsville, Alabama

It was really cold this morning. Our water bottles were completely frozen in the the truck.

I actually had to put on my heavy fleece. I found out later that it had hit -14C overnight with the windchill. Who thought Alabama would be this could.

We headed off to Huntsville, Alabama to visit the Space Museum. We spent a few hours there. It was a interesting tour.

Link to pictures from museum

Now the only downside of leaving the museum was a 12 hour drive to Texas.

We stopped in Little Rock, Arkansas to see if the Bill Clinton library was open. Nope … so Matt and I will have to stop there on the way back.

We decided to have a steak dinner somewhere. The only problem was trying to find a place. After a few futile attempts of looking around various spots along the highway we finally found a Outback restaurant after Gareth decided to pull up beside a guy at the Wendy’s drive thru and ask if there was a real restaurant around.

My bone head statement of today would be “Where is that” every time Matt and Gareth asked me to find something on my map. After all I was the navigator on this trip. I am glad I had my laptop and GPS receiver. It came in really handy for this trip.

Dinner was fabulous but we still had at least 3 - 4 hours or so of driving. We pulled into Potsboro, Texas around 3am and we were all pretty well bagged.