Monday, January 21, 2008

Trip to North Bay

I went up to North Bay to visit one of my paddling buddies Ryan and his family. It turned out that Ryan's lovely bride was ditching him for a weekend of shopping out with her girlfriends and family in Toronto.

My trip up on friday afternoon was ok until I ended up following a snow plow for what seemed like forever only doing 40 KMH. I stopped in Washago to take some pictures of the river and finally made it to North Bay around 7:30ish. It was nice to finally actually meet the rest of his family as this trip was supposed to happen at New Years but got cancelled at the last minute.

I made the kids breakfast on saturday morning. Ryan looked pretty tired as the youngest girl Regan was up really early. We headed out to their family cottage for the day. It was a fairly cool day out. Especially if you had to go to the bathroom. I have never seen an outhouse with hardwood floors and running water before. But what else you you expect for a North Bay crapper.







I spent some time looking at the decorations on the front porch. I can't imagine how much time was spent consuming beer over the last few years.







We spent some time going for a walk around the property before having lunch.

Ryan and Regan





Hailey







Regan







We headed back to Ryan's place for dinner. We played with the kids for a bit and then it was bath time ... not for me but the kids! I spent some time checking out some computer problems and re-programming a generic remote for the TV before checking out some paddling DVD's.

Sunday morning was spent doing the big tour of North Bay after we hit up the No Frill's for some groceries. We also had to drop Hailey of for a birthday party. I ended up leaving around 3:30ish and got back to the Barrie area around 6pm. I had a great time during the visit and Ryan was glad i was there to give him a hand with the girls.

I will definitely be going back up for another visit soon as he mentioned they wanted to have a huge bonfire at the cottage some weekend. The pile of stuff to burn was pretty big.